Sticky, sweet, and slightly spicy, these honey-sriracha-glazed chicken meatballs are the perfect addition to spice up your dinner table, weekly meal prep, or holiday-appetizer game! They're on the healthier side because of the lean chicken (or turkey) base and baking method with no additional oils, and they also offer a deliciously complex flavour thanks to the hot-chili-infused honey coating that's layered overtop the meatballs during the cooking process. Once cooled, the honey-sriracha glaze becomes thick and slightly sticky, and lends a mouthwatering flavour to its usually bland chicken centre. Seriously, you'll have a hard time eating only a few.
To finish these off, just garnish with some toasted sesame seeds and serve alongside brightly coloured crunchy vegetables such as carrot sticks or shaved purple cabbage. Enjoy!
- For the Honey-Sriracha Sauce:
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon sriracha
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Meatballs:
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. While the oven is heating, prep a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the ground chicken, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic, and meatball seasonings. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Roll the meatball mixture into 12 one-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place meatballs in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, whisk together the honey, sriracha, sesame oil, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- After 10 to 12 minutes, remove the tray of meatballs from the oven and brush half of the honey-sriracha sauce onto the meatballs one by one, making sure to cover as much surface area as possible.
- Place the meatballs back in the oven for another seven minutes.
- After seven minutes, remove the tray of meatballs and brush each one thoroughly with the remaining honey-Sriracha sauce.
- Place the meatballs back in the oven for another seven to 10 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked through with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Once thoroughly cooked through, remove meatballs from the oven and let cool.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and spring onion. Serve with your favorite sides.
- 12 meatballs
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 49 minutes, 59 seconds