If you've already mastered the air squat and are looking for a little more intensity, let me introduce you to the drop squat. Your glutes and quadriceps will be doing a majority of the work in this move, and because it's more explosive, you're going to burn more calories.
Here's how to do it:
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your shoulders, feet parallel or toes slightly turned out.
- Jump your feet out, as you lower into a squat. At the same time, bring your left hand in front of you, making contact with the ground. Your right arm should be relaxed, behind your back.
- Jump your feet back in, returning to the starting position. This counts as one rep.
- Repeat and be sure to alternate the hand that touches the ground.
- Complete three sets of 15 reps.